Moving into My Self Storage is simple. We believe in easy and hassle-free storage solutions and getting your items to could not be more straightforward.
To rent a storage unit from My Self Storage, all you need is:
1. Identification & Address – We need two forms of identifications such as driving licence and a passport. For proof of address we accept a utility bill, bank statement, and other official documents. (We may also request a forwarding address or other contact details).
2. Security Deposit – We require a refundable security deposit (which is equivalent to 4 weeks hire) and the first 4 weeks hire in advance. Our security deposit will be returned to you once you decide to leave My Self Storage.
3. Insurance – If you have arranged your own cover then we will need a copy of your insurance policy. We also provide insurance cover. To avail of this we require the value of the belongings you would like to store. See our insurance guide here.
4. A Padlock – All units must be kept locked. You can either bring one from home or select one from our range of padlocks on site.
5. Payment Method – We offer flexible payment options – direct debit, credit/debit card, online payment. There is no rolling contract and are free to cancel your storage with us whenever you like (one week notice required).
Some of our customers opt to hire a removal company to help move their items into storage. This is entirely a personal preference and it can be just as easy to move things yourself Using a removal company will save you time and hassle but they can be expensive. If using professional movers, we recommend you use a reputable removal company that is fully insured.
Whether you are using a removal company to help transport your goods or are doing it yourself - it is always best to have a plan. Our team of experts have put together some helpful tips and advice to make moving day go as smoothly as possible.